1895(?) - Present
The Clover Cemetery was once known as the Milner Cemetery. The land where the cemetery is located once belonged to the Milner family. It is not clear when the land was sold and the cemetery name was changed to 'Clover'. There do not seem to be any 'Clover' burials in the cemetery, however a 'Clover' family homesteaded in the area in about 1907.
Both Clover Cemetery and Cedar Crest Cemetery are part of the Collbran Cemetery District which was created in 1952. The Collbran Cemetery District map can be seen here. [Note: you will need to rotate the view].
Several deeds related to this cemetery district have been located by
- 30 July 1891: Daniel Blackman cash sale patent from Federal Land Office. Description includes land which was to become the Clover Cemetery.
- 10 Sept 1890: Purchase of property by Jeff Milner.
- In 1989 a Virginia A Robbins Quit Claimed eleven parcels to the Collbran Cemetery District (Clover Cemetery).
Clover Cemetery - **Photo Credit: DRJ 2004
You can search for burials and tombstone photographs at Find a Grave.
Gate Location Address:60571 Clover Lane, Collbran
Directions:From Collbran Post Office go North across Plateau Creek Bridge,; Turn right (East) and take Peninsula Rd to cemetery at Clover Lane. (About 2.5 miles from P.O. to cemetery).
Clover Cemetery aerial view - Google Maps - 2022
An extensive database of tombstone photographs for Clover Cemetery can be found at the USGenWeb Archives Clover Cemetery.
The first burial listed on Find-A-Grave is for Katie M Williams 1875-1895
Harriet Dunlap the 14 year old daughter of H. G. and Mary J. Dunlap died in September of 1896. Her obituary notes that she was the first 'white' child born in Mesa County, and that she was buried in the "Milner burying grounds"
Row lists have been provided by former MCGS member Margo Lurvey, and will be reconciled with Find a Grave database. Cemetery plot map would be helpful.
This page was last modified:
Back to Cemetery Alphabetical List