1887/88 - ?????
Whitewater Cemetery - **Photo Credit: DRJ 2004
Gate Location Address: Cemetery Road of Reeder Rd., Whitewater
Directions:From 1st St & Highway 50 in Whitewater for about 1/4 mile South on Highway 50 to Reeder Rd. Go 0.3 miles East on Reeder Rd to Cemetery Rd. Turn South and go about 0.55 miles to cemetery gate.
A brief cemetery history can be found here which includes a list of some of the veteran burials. [Author/date unknown]
The earliest burial listed on Find A Grave for this cemetery is Susan H. White, wife of J.R. White, 8 Mar 1888.
The Whitewater Cemetery has been in the news on multiple occasions. Some of the articles can be found below:
- Dodgion, Archibald "Archie" Jackson - 1835 - 1911, Confederate soldier from North Carolina, Civil War - need obituary - GJ Sentinel 9 May 1911, Pg 8
- Myers, Clifford J. 1914-1987, US Navy, WWII [Obituary notes service with Army, needs clarification].
- Chapman, Darrel Ray 1929-2022, US Air Force - Korean Conflict.
- White, Joshua "Pa" Reason 1839-1915, Civil War, Co. D, 4th Ohio Infantry, GAR.
- Walker, Jesse M. 1839-1889, Civil War, Confederate soldier, Georgia.
- Farmer, Lewis Nelson 1835-1906, Union soldier, Civil War, 80th Illinois Infantry.
- Sherwood, Richard "Dick", 1916-2006, Merchant Marine, WWII.
- Anthony, William Joseph, 1921-1989, US Navy, WWII.
- Black, Thomas B, 1914-1988, US Army and US Navy, WWII and Korean Conflict.
- Carrico, Alfred "Jr." M., Veteran, WWII
Back to Cemetery Alphabetical List